A few weeks ago, the Transparency and Accountability Initiative launched a new guide, Fundamentals for Using Technology in Transparency and Accountability Organisations hoping to use technology in their transparency and accountability work. It presents clear, step-by-step guidance to the key phases in a technology project, from defining your strategy, to spending wisely, to tracking outcomes.
‘Fundamentals’ is presented in six chapters, which can be used separately or as a unit:
- Are You Ready to Start a Tech Project?
- What We’ve Learned from Impact Case Studies: The Importance of Strategy
- The Tech Strategy
- Tech Project Planning and Management
- Checklist for Funders of Tech Projects
- Integrating “Evaluation” and Learning
You can access the full version of the report here.